Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Auto Upload

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hintswen

hintswen

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 13 October 2005 - 02:36 AM

i'm looking for a program that can automaticly copy some files to another folder then upload them to a server. i'd like to set it for every 15 minutes. I use PyroBatch FTP right now but every time it has to move the files it inturepts everything i'm doing. it opens 3 dos windows to copy the file then closes them/ this usially minimises full screen games/programs stops what i was typing etc. if anyone knows a bettter program to use pleese tell me

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:58 AM

Posted 13 October 2005 - 09:24 AM

Have you considered maybe rolling your own VBScript? Just right off hand, this little snippet copies a file:
dim filesys, demofile
set filesys = CreateObject ("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set demofile = filesys.CreateTextFile ("c:\somefile.txt", true)
set demofile = filesys.GetFile("c:\somefile.txt")
demofile.Copy("c:\projects\someotherfile.txt")
Taken from here (with explanations):
http://www.devguru.com/Technologies/vbscri.../file_copy.html

Although unless you are copying them for backup purposes, I don't know why you would need that step. It's not like it is going to upload the actual files.

This little snippet schedules the task (In this case running notepad three times a week). It would have to be modified for every 15 minutes, but easily doable with some research:
strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
	& "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")
Set objNewJob = objWMIService.Get("Win32_ScheduledJob")
errJobCreated = objNewJob.Create _
	("Notepad.exe", "********123000.000000-420", _
		True , 1 OR 4 OR 16, , , JobID) 
Wscript.Echo errJobCreated

A complete listing of options and and explanation of what you are looking at can be found here:http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wmisdk/wmi/win32_scheduledjob.asp

If that isn't quite what you want, here is a snippet of code for a timer:
Function TimeIt(N)
Dim StartTime, EndTime
StartTime = Timer
For I = 1 To N
Next
EndTime = Timer
TimeIt = EndTime - StartTime
End Function

TimeitTakes=TimeIt(10000)
Response.write TimeitTakes

This can then be modified so that if 15 minutes have passed, then execute your copy and upload function.
http://www.codefixer.com/codesnippets/vbsc...er_function.asp

Uploading a file is quite a bit more complex, so I won't put up any samples for that, but they are easily researched also. But on the downside, you don't have the flexibility that PyroBatch allows, there will be no logging (unless you include that in your custom script).

Incidentally, as the name suggests, PyroBatch is just using simple batch files. I can't imagine that it would be disrupting performance that much, unless you are attempting to upload some really large files. And while I am still thinking out louyd, usually the only reason for frequent uploads is for server backup, in which case you really shouldn't be using it for a workstation anyway.. not that it is any of my business.

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:58 PM

Posted 16 October 2005 - 05:33 PM

I dont have any reccommendation on any of these, but here is a list of auto-uploaders.

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/Best/auto-upload-ftp.html

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users