Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help--AV Security Suite

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aleafer

aleafer

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 12:54 AM

Hello,

I found your handy guide for removing AV Security Suite, unfortunately the first step of the fix is to boot into safe mode(to get around the fact that the virus won't let you run any executables) and the version of the virus I have will not let me boot in safe mode. I get a blue screen of death which suggests scanning for viruses (duh), removing newly installed hard drives, etc.

Searched and read the other threads for AV Suite but there was no mention of this problem so I'm not sure how to proceed.

Any guidance would be appreciated. I am running XP Pro.

Edited by aleafer, 21 June 2010 - 01:04 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 BillWCH

BillWCH

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:53 AM

I've found - several times - that a BSOD in some cases is NOT REAL - but rather an image some trojans throw up to further confuse you. One time I simply hit ESC and it disappeared! Try it - you never know!

#3 aleafer

aleafer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:41 PM

None of the keys seem to have any affect on the BSOD. Keyboard seems locked out as things like cap lock, num lock, dont respond either.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:58 PM

Hi, here's another option.

SUPERAntiSypware (SAS) has a built in "Repairs" feature to fix policy restrictions and certain Windows settings which are sometimes targeted by malware infection.

Please download SUPERAntiSpyware Free
  • Double-click SUPERAntiSpyware.exe and use the default settings for installation.
  • An icon will be created on your desktop. Double-click that icon to launch the program.
  • Click the Repairs tab.
  • Click on (highlight) "Repair broken SafeBoot key" and then click the Repair button.
  • You may be asked to reboot your computer for the changes to take effect.
If you get in run a safe mode scan with MBAM then SAS. If you don't try a normal mode scan but lete me know how you ran itpost back the scan log.
To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Run MBAM (MalwareBytes) like this:

Open MBAM and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan (normal mode).
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 aleafer

aleafer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:46 PM

Thanks, Superspyware was able to fix my safeboot. Computer is running smoothy again.

Creating a new save point and crossing my fingers.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,331 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2010 - 10:24 PM

Cool did you update and rerun MBAM??
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users