Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nforce 520 Ethernet Controller issue.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 I'mADisplayName!

I'mADisplayName!

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:03 AM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

I'm kicking myself for not bringing my cd's with me in the move... but aside from that.

I've been fighting to get the ethernet controller to work on my Asus m2n-x motherboard. From what I have seen it uses a nforce 520 ethernet system but any drivers i put in still give me that annoyingly mocking yellow question mark.

Am I installing the wrong component? Does my computer suddenly hate me? :|

I'm usually a patient person but after 4-5 attempts at downloading, thumb driving from one comp to the other, installing, and repeating after finding out it doesn't work... it saddens me. :thumbsup:.

Wish they could just put all the files in a downloadable package. Installing them with out the cds is a hassle.

Anyone know of anything I should try?. If there's an "Essential" download list of things I need for this mother board that'd be swell. There's numerous things that this mother board seems able to do that it just clutters up what I'm looking for :|.

Edited by I'mADisplayName!, 20 June 2010 - 08:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:03 AM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:10 PM

Let's start from the beginning...
What's wrong with your computer?
Is it some new Windows installation, or you just lost internet connection, or....?

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 I'mADisplayName!

I'mADisplayName!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:39 PM

ah sorry, Fresh reinstall of windows after formatting.

Don't have the discs that came with mother board with me, so attempted to download drivers via another computer, everything works and is installed except for ethernet controller, downloaded drivers for it (asus m2n-x motherboard/nforce 520) and it still persists on giving me a yellow question mark :thumbsup:.

contemplating uninstalling all the drivers and just trying again, to see if maybe one of them went in wrong and is conflicting with the system :S. Dunno.. I'm a software guy, not a hardware lol.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,612 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Did you install chipset driver?
That always goes first and without it some other components (like ethernet) may not work.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 I'mADisplayName!

I'mADisplayName!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:54 PM

i downloaded all the files that were on asus website, suppose the order could've messed things up. Will have to fight with it more when the urge to huck it out the window lessens :thumbsup:

i'll reinstall then try a certain order for install, gotta track down what all the random numbers equal out to be for the drivers though :| cant just name em "Chipset Driver/Install First"

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,612 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:06 PM

Keep us posted :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

#7 I'mADisplayName!

I'mADisplayName!
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:46 PM

well found more asus chipset drivers, of which i had apparently already downloaded and installed as it asked to over right. Upon trying to install them it puts my into and endless loop of asking to uninstall then restart and asking again. Contemplating just formatting again lol, would potentially save my time. Providing they installed correctly the 2nd time that is...

#8 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,612 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:54 PM

It may be the fastest way and remember to install chipset driver first, this time around.
Good luck :thumbsup:

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users