Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google redirects, mbam finds nothing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 robsul

robsul

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:43 PM

I have 2 computers with this problem. I have 2 kids and i have had to clean secyrity suite virus off both a few times. I have used rkill, and run Mbam in safe mode, then restarted computers, and run trend antivirus. It has found and removed everything it finds, however whenever I use Internet Explorer 8, (windows XP sp3 on both), either it sends me to the wrong page, or it cannot open the page. Not ahuge problem but immensly frustrating since everything i try doesnt seem to work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 robsul

robsul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

Well I didnt get any answers but i got some views, so i will share what ive done to fix this problem.

I spent quite a lot of time scanning these forums and here is what I have done to fix this immensly annoying problem. I now have a fortress against virus's with regrun 6.9 running at startup, unhackme running in the background, and trend micro antivirus protecting my computer.

As I said earlier I got this problem after my kids were playing internet java games on sites like andkon.com, and crazymonkeygames.com, (dont let them play games there, virus abound), they found these sites from kids at school.

Ok now the fix, (if some kind expert could provide the links to the following programs, twould be nice):

boot into safe mode with networking

1 - D/L Rkill in all its forms, and run it, this should kill any virus processes running from startup

2 - D/L Mbam , (Malwarebytes anti-malware), and update it immediatly, then run the quick scan to get you up and running

3 - D/L tdsskiller, this is a root-kit killer and will find things mbam cannot

note* - i ran steps 1-3 a few times as mbam found and deleted pieces of whatever virus was in the system, it would make other parts surface in new scans, once i ran scans that were clean i moved onto next step.

4 - after all these programs have been run, i ran a comprehensive scan with Mbam, and updated windows from microsoft site

5 - re-installed IE8, (install, or re-install your browser of choice, but i think MSupdate does this automatically for windows)
this worked for me, i hope it will work for you too

Edited by robsul, 22 June 2010 - 05:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users