Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't download stuff? Please Help.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Milton Luban

Milton Luban

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:01 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:43 PM

Please someone help me, everytime I try to download something the meter that shows the download occuring it stops at 99 % complete and it then will freeze?

Everytime someone sends me a email with an attachment and I click on it to download, it begins to download and it stops at 99% and the it will freeze.

Help me someone!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:01 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:44 PM

What browser are you using? Also do you have any firewalls installed?
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#3 Milton Luban

Milton Luban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:20 PM

I use Windows XP, and I don't know if I use a firewall? How do I check.

On my desktop, I have ATF cleaner, and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, SUPERAntiSpyware,

#4 Milton Luban

Milton Luban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:52 PM

I have windows firewall

#5 rosiesdad

rosiesdad

• Members
  • 220 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 03:56 PM

What antivirus are you running, those mentioned are for Malware, not virus's.
Do you use Internet Explorer (what version if you do) or Firefox or what to browse the internet?

Edited by rosiesdad, 20 June 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#6 Milton Luban

Milton Luban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

I don't think I have a antivirus, I use Internet Explorer, not sure what version?

#7 Milton Luban

Milton Luban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:10 PM

I have a icon on the bottom right hand corner that tells me that I have updates ready to install, and when I click on it the updates ty to get installed, then when it's all done it says: The following updates were not installed, security update for SQL server 2005 service Pack 3 (KB970892)

Then I close the box, does this have anything to do with my download problem?

#8 computerxpds

computerxpds

Bleepin' Comp

• 4,493 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:24 PM

Then I close the box, does this have anything to do with my download problem?

no i dont think it will have anything to do with the problem, you could try Firefox and see if you can download a file.
sigcomp.png 
If I have replied to a topic and you reply and I haven't gotten back to you within 48 hours (2 days) then send me a P.M.
Some important links: BC Forum Rules | Misplaced Malware Logs | BC Tutorials | BC Downloads |
Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook! | Twitter! | Google+| Come join us on the BleepingComputer Live Chat on Discord too! |

#9 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:01 PM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 01:07 PM

A freeze at 99% indicates that whatever anti-virus is there is failing to properly scan the download, essentially stopping it in its tracks. I doubt the browser is the problem.

There is a free utility that will check for security programs, but I can't remember the name of it...
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#10 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Try disabling all of your anti virus/malware programs and downloading a simple ~5MB file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users