Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer hanging says about:blank, stops in the middle of typing -

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 dlady

dlady

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:11 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:02 PM

Hi
My computer just stops in middle of typing for about 5-15 seconds and then the words letters catch up. When moving between pages it hangs and says waiting on about:blank. I tried ccleaner, defragging often, malawarebytes shows nothing infected, I use Norton Internet Security, and IObit smart RAM. I recently downloaded program for my HP Officejet 6210 because I cannot find my install cd for it and I want to use the scanner. When I go to HP Director a window comes up and says Select Skin Error The File C:\ProgramFiles\HP\Digital Imaging\Skinsloov1\Skin.xml does not exit with an okay window. Then it says please wait while windows configures scan. I click ok then the HP Director window opens up for selections. I select san and a window says the feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable. Click ok to try again, or enter an alternative path to a folder containing the installation package 'Scan.msi' in the box below. In the box below is C:\DOCUME~1\Diane|LOCALS~1\TEMP\7zS6D3D\Scan. Next a window comes up that says Error 1766 and windows installer cannot continue. I don't think the problem started with this, but it's still a problem as I need to be able to scan documents for my work. I tried disabling some add ons that were not verified and that's not changed anything. I also just downloaded Hijack This.
My system is Microsoft Window XP Professional, Version: 5.1 (Build 2600) Service Pack 3. Let me know what else you need. I tried to remove a program to reduce what I have in the computer cause it's pretty full, and it won't uninstall. Says it needs some logfile or something like that.
Thanks for any help. I am on my laptop and had other problems with the desktop; I'll check in with you about that later. Need one to work well if I can!
Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users