Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unwanted Google Search Redirects

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Laurie2000

Laurie2000

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:01 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:28 AM

Hi
I have a HP Pavilion (2004) with a Pentium 4 CPU, 2.8 GHZ cycle and 1.5Gb of RAM running MS Windows XP (2002 Version) with Service Pack 3.
My problem is that when Google throws up a result list following a search, I am redirected to a range of different search providers which are useless and mostly advertising different products and services. When I scroll back (if I'm able) I am taken to the blank Google page and the whole process starts again. I've also noticed that if I try to enter an address directly into the address bar, the typing is extremely slow as if the data entry is being tracked.
I am running Norton 360 (2010) with the standard firewall and have also used Spybot scans to try to eliminate the problem but without success. Neither of the programs seem to recognise any intrusion.
I've noticed that others at this this site have been supported to resolve this problem. Hoping that somebody can walk me through the process. I'll be grateful if somebody can assist.
Also if there are any Lawyers reading this, what are the chances of a class action against the creeps who are doing this to our computers? Joking but it would be nice, wouldn't it?
Laurie

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users