Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can not access google from IE8

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 grinner1984

grinner1984

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 02:59 AM

For about six months now I have been unable to access google from IE8 browser. I have it set as my home page but it will always timeout and give an "internet explorer can not display the web page" message. I have tried emptying cache, malware and virus scanning, reinstalling IE, updating and rolling back the system...the list goes on. I can get google images, google maps, google mail and google video but the main page (www.google.com) will not load. Can't even get to it manually by putting it in the address bar or navigating to it by IP address.

The reason I am so determined to get it fixed now after six months is that I was putting the problem down to the poor service I was getting from my previous ISP. I changed ISP last week and would like to "start fresh"so to speak. Any ideas. Anyone who has experienced this problem and found a fix would be appreciated. PLEASE HELP!

Edit: Oh, and I have also changed browsers and tried FF and google chrome also both with the same problem...

Edited by grinner1984, 20 June 2010 - 03:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 NpaMA

NpaMA

• Members
  • 635 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 04:52 PM

Go to command prompt, and type "ping www.google.com" (without the quotes), then copy/paste the results you get.

Edited by NpaMA, 20 June 2010 - 04:52 PM.

#3 grinner1984

grinner1984
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:14 PM

Posted 21 June 2010 - 07:44 AM

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 206.53.61.77:
Packets : Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss)

I am assuming this is not good....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users