Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes issues with a few songs.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 JHWKS4ME

JHWKS4ME

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:08 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:40 AM

Hello,

My computer crashed several years ago. When I got a new hard drive and reinstalled all of my programs, I was able to reload my iTunes with all of my songs using my iPod. All of the songs play fine on my iPod still, but a group of songs won't play properly on my iTunes. The computer freezes up and iTunes spikes to nearly 100% CPU usage in Windows Task Manager.

I have discovered that these songs were all ones that I downloaded from iTunes legally (paying 99 cents for them and all that)...but under a different used name. Apparently, I am signed on to iTunes under two different user names. I have tried switching back to the old user name, which I can do, but it doesn't make the group of songs play any better. I just wondered if anyone had ever heard of this problem and if there's a different solution other than simply burning them to a CD and reloading them back onto my iTunes off of the CD. I have tried resaving them as different file types and that's of no use.

I just feel that since I paid for them, I want the quality that goes along with it and know that burning the songs to a CD and then reloading them on iTunes will diminish the quality somewhat. And because they play on my iPod just fine, I'd hate to diminish their quality on my iPod just so I can play them in my iTunes. But it's gotten to the point where I can't use the shuffle function or DJ features in iTunes for fear that one of those songs will be selected and my computer will freeze up for 10 minutes until the song is done "playing." Thanks for any help you can give me.

Alex

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users