Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Apple System Preferences Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knik

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:07:11 AM

Posted 12 October 2005 - 12:24 PM

i am having trouble downloading files from the interenet. i think it must be a system preference problem, because when i login as a different user, i dont have any problems with dragging jpegs. but in my own account (the administrator) when i drag a pic from the interenet, it attempts to download and concludes that the file could not be created in the download manager. i have looked all over to find where i can change the system references in order to fix this problem, but alas i can find no solution. please help. i was given this computer by someone else, and i think they unintentionally messed with the preferences. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 badmonkey

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • Local time:05:11 AM

Posted 28 November 2005 - 12:08 PM

Which browser are you using?

If it is Safari go to ~/Library/Preferences and look for the file com.apple.Safari.plist and delete it.

If you are running 10.4 you can also use the option: Reset Safari, which is located under the Safari menu.

On a side note, there is no reason to use an admin. account as your regular account. Just create a new regular user account for yourself and do your daily things there. The admin. account should only be used to install updates and do system maintenance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users