Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected with Trojan Horse Dropper.Generic2.UHE

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Seabluetuner

Seabluetuner

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:17 PM

Hello!

Over the past few days I have been having computer troubles (since the 15th).

I have found numerous amount of trojans on my system since the 15th, yet I have no idea how I would of been infected.

Some of my problems include:
On a google search page, when I click a link, it randomly redirects me to a random advertisement webiste
Programs randomly close
Downloads download fast, then suddenly slow up (flash games)
Cannot access Windows Update page AT ALL

I have AVG Anti-Virus on my computer which notified me of this problem; and notified me it has - it pops up every 10 mins with a trojan warning
When i click Heal virus, it says the file location is inaccessible

My specs:
HP Pavillion dv9000
Windows XP Media MoSystem Edition 2005 SP3
AMD Turion 64 x2 Mobile
1.61 GHz
1.96 GB RAM

I noticed the security advisory that came out on the 10th and it kinda worries me that this has happened to me all of a sudden.

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/2big2fit/?action=viewĄt=untitled.jpg

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac19/2b...pg&newest=1

Edited by Seabluetuner, 19 June 2010 - 10:17 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keller

keller

• Members
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:32 AM

Try this:

1. Download McAfee Stinger from here. This is a stand-alone executable file, so the easiest thing to do is just save it to the desktop.

2. Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware from here. Install it and update it once installed, but don't run a scan yet. It works very similarly to other anti-virus
software.

3. Download SuperAntiSpyware from here. Same drill as above: install, update, but don't scan yet.

4. Update AVG manually, just to be sure it has the latest definitions.

5. Reboot and restart in Safe Mode.

6. Run McAfee Stinger first. This program is designed to catch infections that can disable or cripple other virus scanning software.

7. Run AVG

8. Run SuperAntiSpyware

9. Run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Be sure to run the full scans for SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes, not quick scans.

If any of the programs detect a problem, quarantine the detected entries and move on to the next program.

Once you've gone through all the scans once, reboot, update everything (except Stinger) and start over at step 5. Don't skip steps!

If everything comes back clean the second time through you should be all set. If not, come back and let us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users