Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Google Has Been Hijacked

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 iPwn2Much

iPwn2Much

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:41 PM

I've tried so many different malware and antivirus programs to get rid of this redirect virus and none seem to be working. Everytime I search something on Google, I click a link and it redirects me to adwords.onlinesecuregroup or something affiliated with it. I've used many different programs I found on this forums that worked for other people, but it hasn't worked for my computer. Now, I make my own thread to seek guidance from another.

Thanks for the help,
Patrick

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 VoidX789

VoidX789

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:04 PM

Some staff members should show up shortly. Just be patient. These guys are the best, but a lot of people need help, so just be patient.
Remember to try to post as much info as possible. One way to make everything get done faster is to make a post telling the staff about your computer's hardware info, what operating system you use, what antivirus you use, and what the virus does and when it first showed up.
Welcome to the Void of Insanity
Posted Image

#3 iPwn2Much

iPwn2Much
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:45 PM

Some staff members should show up shortly. Just be patient. These guys are the best, but a lot of people need help, so just be patient.
Remember to try to post as much info as possible. One way to make everything get done faster is to make a post telling the staff about your computer's hardware info, what operating system you use, what antivirus you use, and what the virus does and when it first showed up.

Well I'm using Windows XP Pro, and my antivirus is Avast Antivirus. Everytime I do a Google search, the links redirect me to another site that differs from the one I wanted. After a while of fighting the virus, the virus got to my Bing and Yahoo searches also (Both on Explorer and Firefox). I ran SUPERAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, and Avast, and it found some infected files. SUPERAntiSpyware found 132 infected files and when I looked at the files, they were all named after a website. Some websites that I had been redirected to in the past. I deleted all these files and Bing/Yahoo seem to be running fine. But Google! I can't fix it. I might have to just reformat my PC if I can't get some help!

I won't show any logs until someone ask for which ones I need and I won't run any tool until I'm told so. I just really need some help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users