Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

can't get rid of bleeping nero suite trial version

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sailingdog

sailingdog

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:04 PM

I tried to install the nero burn program and ended up with 25 programs with the "suite". Used Revo to uninstall which may have been a mistake. Now the 23 programs remaining do not show up in "programs" and they do not show up when using the nero Cleanup tool, and they do not show up in the regedit program as recommended on one topic, but 23 programs show up in the uninstall list of my Vista OS. The uninstall tab does not appear when clicking any on the Nero programs in the unistall list. Also, I tried to launch a Works program from the start up list and a Nero program tried to install instead. What should I do?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:06 PM

Reinstall the suite...then use the Nero uninstall tool.

The Nero Suite includes far too many programs...I still use version 6.6, but I don't install the whole suite...just the burning app.

Louis

#3 sailingdog

sailingdog
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

Thank you but I just tried that and now it won't install. I goes through the motions then abruptly says it is complete but the program and desktop are unchanged except the the ask.com tool bar that gets thrown in.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,710 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:43 PM

but 23 programs show up in the uninstall list of my Vista OS

Those can be just dead "Programs & Features" entries.
It happens sometimes.
Search your computer for "Nero" and see what you'll get.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users