Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer is typing things I've already typed by itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Justeroo

Justeroo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:31 PM

Hey guys, first post here, hoping you can lend me a bit of assistance with this really strange problem.
First off, I'm writing this for a friend of mine, not really as computer legitimate as myself, thats why he came to me first.
It seems that when he's using his computer, randomly at intervals, it feels like something is "taking over" his computer as he puts it.
If he's playing a game, his character will move in ways that he has before, or type things that he has before. It happens when he's
not playing games either it seems. Now, I've helped him remove any bit of malware his computer might have, and installed a new
firewall for his protection to see if it was some sort of keylogger going insane. The computer's clean now, but it's still happening. I'm
at my wit's end here trying to figure out what's going on, and I just have no knowlege of anything like this ever happening to myself
or a friend that I can refer to. It also seems that it's copying mouse movements as well (Moving camera around while playing WoW)

If anyone could lend some assistance or even if it's unfixable shine some light on what might be happening I'd be forever grateful,
thanks in advance

Justin and Trevor

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• Members
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:49 PM

I'll ask the obvious question first...have you tried a different keyboard and/or mouse?

Also, what malware was found? If it's caused by an infection, I can send you to the malware forum to try to clean it.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Another thing to ask would be if your friend has installed any third-party bot programs to try and grind out exp, gold, etc.. in WoW.

If this is the case, for one he will get caught as Blizzard has gotten pretty good at detecting them. Second, these make gold quick schemes often times will install malware on the computer to steal passwords (keyloggers, etc.)

I havn't played WoW in years, but I know that a number of these third party programs exist.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users