Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AV Security Suite - Mostly Gone But Still Problems

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rachyl

Rachyl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:16 PM

I found myself with the AV Security Suite popups a couple days ago. I wasn't aware of this site and unskilled as I am tried to fix as best I could. I ran Malwarebytes which quarantined a long list of items, Superantispyware, and Spybot S&D, which found more items. To help avoid this in the future I purchased the full version of Malwarebytes to keep it running in the background.

The fake virus popups have stopped but I'm still experiencing random website popups of a second page when I'm browsing in Firefox. Sometimes, they're advertising sites, sometimes non-loading sites. Also, since I now have Malwarebytes continually running, I see popup mesages where it is blocking the same three IP addresses (Holland, Russia, and Taiwan). This is occurring even when the browser is closed and the computer is idle. My husband is connected to the same router as me without these popups so I'm guessing it's something on my end and still related to the malware I received this week.

Any help would really be appreciated, as all the spyware tools I have are coming up clean and not sure what to do anymore. Thanks much!

Edited by Blade Zephon, 19 June 2010 - 10:26 PM.
Moved to AII as no logs provided and Prep Guide not followed. ~BZ

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 23,579 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 PM

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:22 PM

Please post your Malwarebytes log.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users