Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fixing NAT problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 john23jay

john23jay

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:40 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:01 AM

Hi there!

I just wanna ask how will I fix NAT problems? I need simple instructions so I can easily understand what I am going to do with it. By the way, I am not a computer savvy so there are terms in computer networking that I don't understand.

I am using the latest version of Vuze (formerly Azureus), a bit torrent client. Downloads are quite fast until I notice this yellow smiley which indicates a NAT problem and I began searching the internet for solving this problem. Most of the instructions I found didn't work for me. I think I'm having problems with the UDP and TCP ports for this one. Seriously, I don't know what numbers should I put to it. And I don't even know what are the available ports or open port numbers to put in.

On the other hand, I use Vuze for almost a year and its DL speed suits to my actual internet speed. I am just curious what's about the NAT problem and whenever I fix it, I will know what's the difference after then.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 arknaz

arknaz

• Members
  • 476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:40 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 02:37 PM

NAT is Network address translation, which converts your outside address (how others see you and how to communicate with the internet world) to a private (also more secured) address, usually 10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x. What exactly is the problem it is saying? Only problem i have had with NAT is IP conflicts where two devices get the same IP( rarely for me) but its an easy fix.

Googled Nat problems with Vuze and found Vuze and Nat which might show the problem. Check that list out and see if that's the problem you are getting.

-Scott
Samsung Chromebook +
  • Intel i5-2500K 3.3Ghz - Replaced with I7 3770k 3.5Ghz
  • 80G SSD, 640G/1TB/3TB Sata  
  • Palit GTX560 TI 2GB 
  • 16g G.Skill Sniper DDR3

#3 rayj0054

rayj0054

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 AM