Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC Crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 precept

precept

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 01:10 AM

I would be grateful for advice. Win XP Pro SP 3.
I was attempting to extend a partition from unallocated section using Paragon Partition Manager & on pressing the appropiate "Button" everything went dead. I tried to re-boot. It tried,but there appeared to be nothing on the Hard Drive. I attempted to re-load Windows which was successful as far as formatting & downloading the setup files then couldn't get any further. I tried another H/D but the same result.I had Acronis installed with Startup Recovery (press F11 on boot up) but it couldn't find my backup.Thats when I tried to re-install with Genuine Full Licence XP Pro from the same original CD. Before trying to re-install I did remove the CMOS battery. No help!. Anyone any ideas? Thanks. Precept

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:36 AM

At what point in time does your computer stop doing anything? Can you get into windows at all during install?

#3 precept

precept
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi Cryptodan, yes, it works, formatting downloading files,restarts but starts formatting & downloading files again

Edited by precept, 19 June 2010 - 08:45 AM.

#4 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:20 AM

So it boots into windows then reboots and starts reinstalling Windows again?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users