Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Please advise on laptop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kellykemmerer

kellykemmerer

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:05 PM

I am looking to replace my compaq nx9005, and the more I read the more overloaded I am. I would really love some input from a few of you guys. Ok basically I use it for games more than anything. Just adventure and some Hidden object type. I would like to be able to download large game files, and quite alot. My video/graphics ware is lousy right now so I really want to be covered on that end also. This Hp is 10 years old and has been pretty good to me but I'm willing to change. I guess I'm looking mid range in price700.00 or lower, heck maybe that is concidered low range. I would also like to move up in screen size (15)now. Don't mind a lil bulk, it rarely makes it out of my house. So I guess its great video card, speed, and gotta last. Thanks so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ReviverSoft

ReviverSoft

Happy to help!

• Members
  • 1,552 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 08:44 PM

Well, here's what you can expect or need to look out for:

Processor: Core i3 or the older Core2Duo (some might feature a core i5 proccy, although they come with certain compromises)
Memory: 4GB DDR3/6GB DDR2
Graphics: Mostly Intel HD onboard graphics (in some cases, low end video cards)
Hard disk: 320 ~ 500GB
Battery: Standard/ 6 Cell
Screen size: ~ 15"
WLAN (Wifi)
DVD Re-Writer
Built-in Webcam
Windows 7 Home Premium

I'm afraid a "Great" video card is not possible in this price range.

The options that meet all your requirements, start from upwards of $820.

Hope this helps. :blink:

Edited by ReviverSoft, 18 June 2010 - 08:55 PM.

ReviverSoft - Happy to help!

#3 gates001

gates001

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 29 June 2010 - 02:08 AM

Acer Aspire AS5740-5255 LX.PM902.131 Notebook PC - Intel Core i3-330M 2.13GHz, 4GB DDR3, 320GB HDD, DVDRW, 15.6" Display, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit, Blue For $549.97

The Acer Aspire AS5740-5255 Notebook PC offers smart performance with the new Intel® Core™ i3 processor. Serving as the perfect threshold for a fast and responsive PC experience, the Core™ i3 features 4-way multi-tasking processor power allowing each core to work on tasks simultaneously. 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ delivers fast, reliable wireless connections in your home, at work or on-the-go. The Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit operating system is designed to be more reliable, more responsive and to make the things you do daily easier - the best entertainment experience on your Acer Aspire AS5740-5255 Notebook PC. Enjoy cinematic brilliance on the 15.6" HD CineCrystal™ widescreen LCD Display with a true 16:9 aspect ratio and Intel® integrated graphics delivering crystal-clear images and brilliant color for today's best entertainment. Dolby Home Theater® Audio Enhancement, two built-in stereo speakers and 5.1-channel surrorund sound output liberate the senses with vibrant audio, bringing movies and music to life. Built-in HDMI port delivers crisp high-quality visuals and audio to an external LCD or big screen TV with just one cable.

just my .02

#4 toGETher

toGETher

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 PM

Posted 01 July 2010 - 04:34 PM

I'd rather get Acer Aspire 5740-6025 15.6" Notebook, Intel Core i5 430M (2.26 GHz), 4GB DDR3, 500 GB HDD, DVD-Writer, Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Windows 7 Home Premium - LX.PM902.072
US$599.00 or buy it through Bing Cash for less

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users