Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Neuro Nougami

Neuro Nougami

• Members
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:08 PM

It's happened twice in the past few days, my wireless internet has just stopped working and it says 'no networks found' and then when I 'diagnose' the problem it tells me that the wireless capability is off. I didn't switch it off, it did it to itself. Then it tells me to press the wireless button on my laptop and everything goes back to normal. Is this a normal issue? Could I have somehow unknowningly switched it off? Or is something more sinister afoot? These are the questions I need answering, if anyone knows the answers, that is.
I've done virus scans and nothing was picked up......and the issue only recently surfaced. Someone on an identical laptop hasn't suffered the issue.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:15 PM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

Hi Neuro, :thumbsup:

I had an almost identical problem on my Asus.

Mine happened to be an update to my wireless adapter. I would go to your computer manufacturer's website and check for any updates.

Also note, that there is usually a switch and sometimes a hotkey function that will turn your wireless on and off. Sometimes you can accidentally hit the hotkey.

Good Luck!!

V/r

bwest0703

Edited by bwest0703, 19 June 2010 - 09:07 PM.

Posted Image

#3 davidanders

davidanders

• Members
  • 64 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 20 June 2010 - 07:56 PM

You might check out the links in this google
http://www.google.com/search?q=wireless+radio+switch
David Anders
The Computer Guy, Seattle