Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blinking Screen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KXPX

KXPX

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 02:28 PM

I'm using Satellite A135-S4527 Windows Vista 32bit, anyway I caught some kind of virus on it, blue screen with message, really messed up. I reinstalled windows, things seem to be working fine now. I notice an annoying problem, is that the screen now blinks periodically. It just blinks out to black for a couple of seconds and back, seemingly random, or maybe not, may be a process. Disk activity light seems to be happening while it's doing it. But it does that through out the day while you work on it. sometimes it seems to initiate when you press an icon and initiate a function. Other times it does on it's own. But this blink out to black screen for a second or two every hour or what not is really annoying after reinstalling windows. I know that something not right with that. Does anyone know what that could be.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 keyboardNinja

keyboardNinja

Bleepin' Ninja

• BC Advisor
  • 4,815 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 04:33 PM

Did you install drivers after the reinstallation?

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...mily=1073768663

Click the Downloads tab, and Refine the search by Windows Vista

You need touchpad, sound, and graphics for sure. Most of the others are optional.
PICNIC - Problem In Chair, Not In Computer

Posted Image Posted Image

20 Things I Learned About Browsers and the Web

#3 KXPX

KXPX
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 06:50 PM

Did you install drivers after the reinstallation?

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/su...mily=1073768663

Click the Downloads tab, and Refine the search by Windows Vista

You need touchpad, sound, and graphics for sure. Most of the others are optional.

No actually I didn't. I also have a reinstallation disk for drivers, but I'm gonna try these things. Thanks for the advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users