Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Almost all programs have ceased to function;

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 J2FcM

J2FcM

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:33 PM

Hello,
Through out this past week, I have noticed that when my computer starts up I have been getting an error message for STEAM (the gaming application). which I would remedy, just by manually starting up STEAM. And last night I ried playing a game, and some files were corrupted for it... hmmmm....
error message read as follows;

steam.exe application error
The exception unknown software exception (0x40000015) occured in the application at location 0x0048bfd7
Click OK to terminate program

And, I noticed this seemed to occur with a few other random things; but paid no heed to be honest, so I would just restart, or try again and be fine.
Today, I started up my computer, and about nothing works.

IE, just doesn't start...no errors, just pretends to load, and doesn't.
Winamp works. I can browse through my folders and files. Pictures open in picture viewer.

But;
If I try Malware, VLC media player, STEAM, FireFox, Windows Media Player, notepad......nothing works.

Here are some example errors;
when opening Vuze;
Error
The JVM found at {0} is damaged.
Please reinstall or define EXE4J_JAVA_HOME
to to an installed 32-bit JDK or JRE.

when opening FireFox;
firefox.exe application error
The instruction at "0x0017785e" referenced memory at "0x0017785e". The memory could not be "read".
Click OK to terminate program

Windows media player;
Windows Media Player
Windows Media PLayer is not installed properly and must be reinstalled.
Do you wan to install the Player from the Microsoft Web site?

MBAM;
Malwarebyes'Anti-Malware
Run-time error '48':
File not found: kernel 32

So IDK if this has to do with like a corrupted registry or something? Is there something to repair that? What would cause such a thing? I did have some infection a while ago...month or 2; one of those fake Windows Security Center 2010, and that was a pretty long and tough fix.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Edited by J2FcM, 18 June 2010 - 01:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 J2FcM

J2FcM
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

One other thing;

When I start my computer, and open task manager... I do notice...ummmmm, a lot of stuff that I'm pretty posative isn't normally there, and only ONE
SYSTEM process... the System Idle Process... so I have no system processes running other than that according to task manager, and 33 other processes running, give or a take a few ( i started shutting down ones that I was pretty sure were....abnormal)

#3 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:02 AM

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:23 AM

Hello,

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic342396.html you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a MRT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the MRT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the MRT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the MRT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another MRT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users