Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

google redirect

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ryan_G

Ryan_G

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 12:10 PM

I am using the latest version of firefox and when I search in google the links do not always go to the correct site, sometimes I have to go back and click the link again. I also recently had a virus detected with McAfee called generic.??? but I think it is gone now. The dds files and the gmer files are attached. GMER kept freezing up so hopefully it is all there. Thanks for your help!

The gmer file says that it is larger than the available space.

Merged 2 posts. ~ OB

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 18 June 2010 - 12:25 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 05:54 PM

Hi Ryan_G,

Welcome to Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal (VTSMR) forum. I am going to assist you with your problem.

Please refrain from making any changes to your system (scanning or running other tools, updating Windows, installing applications, removing files, etc.) from now on as it might interfere with our fixes. In case of making changes I shall assume my assistance is not needed any more.

Run GMER, uncheck all boxes but let the box next to Sections and C drive remain checked. Click Scan.
When it finished press Save to save the log and post it to your reply. It will not take more than a minute.

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,730 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:30 PM

Posted 28 June 2010 - 02:23 AM

This thread will now be closed due to lack of activity.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users