Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Clean up and/or verification after FakeSkypro and Alureon.CT

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 C. Burgess

C. Burgess

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

Hello,

Earlier this month, while using Internet Explorer, I started seeing antivirus warning pop ups. Microsoft Security Essentials soon warned me that is had found FakeSkypro and Alureon.CT on my machine. I ran the scan and the software claimed to remove the trojans.

Things were quiet for about two weeks. Today, Microsoft Security Essentials displayed a warning of unsafe actions on my computer. I can't tell exactly what the actions were. I clicked on a link to view additional information about the warning. The additional information was not helpful (a blank file listing "client"), and I now cannot figure out how to re-display the warning I saw earlier, so I can't give it word for word.
  • I ran another Microsoft Security Essentials complete scan. It found nothing.
  • I downloaded and ran Malwarebytes. The program didn't find anything.
  • I downloaded HijackThis and have a log, if it helps.
  • I am running Windows Vista.
I am not experiencing any redirects, slowing or unusual behavior on my machine. The Microsoft warning just has me a bit concerned. I want to make sure, as much as possible anyway, that the trojans are disabled and removed.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Chris

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users