Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Some Applications Not Working With Internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Bryan1693

Bryan1693

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:40 PM

I got a bunch of viruses on my computer and things started getting messed up and slowing down. I ran a scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and it said all of them were gone.

Some things that are wrong are Steam says
"Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet.-102
Unable to connect to server. Server may be offline or you may not connected to the internet."
"Unable to connect to HTTP Proxy. Your proxy may be misconfigured or offline.-336
Unable to connect to HTTP Proxy. Your proxy may be misconfigured or offline."

including when trying to download new CoD:MW2 content.
Audiosurf will not log in or load any pages associated with the internet to view high scores etc.

With World of Warcraft I get
"Cannot connect to the News Server. Please Check the network and try again later."
just at the news page with no patch downloading or anything to hint at the available patches.
When prompted in-game to exit WoW and download the new patch I get
"Failed to apply patch. Please try again later. If this problem persists you may need to reinstall or contact technical support."
I just reinstalled WoW with no change.

Also, at random times I will try to bring up one website and another comes up instead. Like trying to go to Facebook and Google coming up. It does not matter which browser I use, but after I restart my computer it gets fixed. At other times it does not properly load web pages and just stacks text on the left side with no images loading. Again, this is fixed after a restart.

Any suggestions or similar issues? Thank you for help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bryan1693

Bryan1693
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:59 PM

FIXED:

Q u o t e:
Hello Shotme,

There is not a mirror of the patch to download. Go ahead and try the following steps, and if that does not work let me know the error you are getting.

Go to the Control Panel and open up Internet Options.
Click on the Connections tab.
Click the button called "LAN Settings"
Uncheck all of the options on that screen.
Then try again.

If that does not work, go back in and check the box to "Automatically Detect Settings" and test once more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users