Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Finishing Blow to Malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 sparkyadambomb

sparkyadambomb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:01 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:31 PM

Hello,
Within this last year, Ive been getting much more viruses than normal. The cause for these viruses is unknown, for i only use sites that my friends use and ones that are generally considered to be safe. Several nasty attacks later, Ive become sick of having my computer be at risk to all of the malware and want to make it completely safe. I have a firewall, a couple reputable anti-virus programs, and an okay knowledge of computers. On a sidenote, some of my friends tell me that the reason for all the viruses i get is due to the fact that my internet is plugged in directly to my modem which is plugged in directly to the computer, and they say having a router in between would help. I was also wondering if anyone can look at my HijackThis log and check if the malware i just deleted left any surprises or bits and pieces of itself in my registry. Please help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blathnat

Blathnat

• Members
  • 224 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:01 AM

Posted 16 July 2010 - 02:37 PM

A NAT router is a very effective layer of security. Running more than one real-time antivirus product may leave you more vulnerable to threats, due to conflicts in scanning and quarantining activities. One may prevent the other from working properly. It is good to have one good antivirus suite and one or two on demand scanners like Malwarebytes or Superantispyware for a cross-check.

If you have any symptoms of infection, you would need to repost or ask a Mod to move you to the Virus, Trojan and Spyware forum. There may be a lengthy wait due to the backlog.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users