Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Crash, Crash, Crash. Etc

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DUFUS

DUFUS

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 11 October 2005 - 06:50 PM

Hello, I am a complete novice & have been having many problems lately with my pc crashing & re-booting.
When it re-boots sometimes I get a message reading that the system has successfully re-booted from a log then sometimes I get a message saying the system has recovered from a serious error. Also sometimes I get a blue screen with chkdsk stuff on there.
I have made a note of the codes but they sometimes change slightly, this was the most recent.
BCCode:24 BCP1:001902FE BCP2:F9CA5AA4 BCP3: f9CA57AO BCP4:F96E8742 OS Ver:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 PRUDNC7256_1

The error report contents were TEMP\WERa.9fd.dir00\Mini101205-01.dmp
TEMP\WERa.9fd.dir00sysdata.xml.

I have run adaware & have Norton running, tried to download spybot but when it says update, all of the items ticked comeback with !bad checksum!!

adaware did find a few nasties e.g. conscorr, tribalfusion. clicknet etc but cleaned them (I think).

I'm going to be honest & admit that I was doing some downloading from limewire, I know its my own fault but lesson learned.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long windedness but I'm worried about security & stuff.

Would it be easier just to get my pc wiped & start again.

Cheers
DUFUS :thumbsup:

Forgot to say XP pro

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2005 - 07:01 PM

tried to download spybot but when it says update, all of the items ticked comeback with !bad checksum!!

We can get this problem solved relatively simply.

You only need to choose another server location for your update.

Explained in full here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/31280/question-regarding-spybot/
Posted Image

#3 angelou

angelou

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 October 2005 - 08:48 PM

Hello, I am a complete novice & have been having many problems lately with my pc crashing & re-booting.
When it re-boots sometimes I get a message reading that the system has successfully re-booted from a log then sometimes I get a message saying the system has recovered from a serious error. Also sometimes I get a blue screen with chkdsk stuff on there.
===========================================================
Hi Dufus,
I would suggest you reinstall XP since you got the Fatal Blue Screen.
Back up your important stuff on a CD first.

I have a question for you. Today is my first time on this site however I can not find the New Topic Button.
You must know where it is as you were able to post this message.

I received the following message from this site, however I can not find the

"Once you enter a forum, and are logged in as a member (not as a guest) , you
will see a button at the top of the forum that is called New Topic. Press
that button to post a new topic."
Regards,
Lou
======================================================================
I have made a note of the codes but they sometimes change slightly, this was the most recent.
BCCode:24 BCP1:001902FE BCP2:F9CA5AA4 BCP3: f9CA57AO BCP4:F96E8742 OS Ver:5_1_2600 SP:2_0 PRUDNC7256_1

The error report contents were TEMP\WERa.9fd.dir00\Mini101205-01.dmp
TEMP\WERa.9fd.dir00sysdata.xml.

I have run adaware & have Norton running, tried to download spybot but when it says update, all of the items ticked comeback with !bad checksum!!

adaware did find a few nasties e.g. conscorr, tribalfusion. clicknet etc but cleaned them (I think).

I'm going to be honest & admit that I was doing some downloading from limewire, I know its my own fault but lesson learned.

Any help would be appreciated. Sorry for the long windedness but I'm worried about security & stuff.

Would it be easier just to get my pc wiped & start again.

Cheers
DUFUS

Forgot to say XP pro

#4 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 11 October 2005 - 09:56 PM

What is your Operating System (XP Home, XP Pro, etc., ....)?
How much RAM do you have (right click My Computer / select Properties / under the General tab, how many MB of RAM do you have)?
How much free space do you have on your harddrive (double click My Computer / right click C: drive / select Properties / under the General tab, Free Space) ?
How long have you had this problem?
Have you installed any new hardware/software recently?
What were you doing when this problem first started?
Have you updated, and run your antivirus?
Have you cleaned out your temporary internet files, lately?

For your Spybot problem, bad checksum usually means the server you are downloadig from, is busy.
Try selecting a different server.
Open Spybot.
Click Update.
Click Search for updates.
After searchig, next to the Search for updates button you will see the server that you are downloading from.
To the right of that, there will be a little dropdown arrow.
Click it, and choose a different server.
Try the one closest to you, first.
Then click Download updates.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:08 AM

Have you installed any new programs lately?

When did this problem start?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,071 posts
  •  

Posted 12 October 2005 - 09:51 AM

Here's a link to this particular BCC:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default....fd0ddbf.xml.asp

And, here's the solution(s):

Cause

One possible cause of this bug check is disk corruption. Corruption in the NTFS file system or bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk can induce this error. Corrupted SCSI and IDE drivers can also adversely affect the system's ability to read and write to disk, thus causing the error.

Another possible cause is depletion of nonpaged pool memory. If the nonpaged pool memory is completely depleted, this error can stop the system. However, during the indexing process, if the amount of available nonpaged pool memory is very low, another kernel-mode driver requiring nonpaged pool memory can also trigger this error.
Resolving the Problem

To debug this problem: Use the .cxr (Display Context Record) command with Parameter 3, and then use the kb (Display Stack Trace) command.

To resolve a disk corruption problem: Check Event Viewer for error messages from SCSI and FASTFAT (System Log) or Autochk (Application Log) that might help pinpoint the device or driver that is causing the error. Try disabling any virus scanners, backup programs, or disk defragmenter tools that continually monitor the system. You should also run hardware diagnostics supplied by the system manufacturer. For details on these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer. Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.

To resolve a nonpaged pool memory depletion problem: Either add new physical memory to the computer (thus increasing the quantity of nonpaged pool memory available to the kernel), or reduce the number of files on the SFM volume.

So, in short, the solutions are:
1) Run Chkdsk /f /r to detect and resolve any file system structural corruption. You must restart the system before the disk scan begins on a system partition.
2) Add more memory (or check your current memory to make sure there are no errors with it. So, how much memory do you have? Microsoft says that XP will run with 128 mB (even as low as 64 mB) - but things'll suffer with anything less than 256 mB (I consider 512 mB the sweet spot - I've got 1 gB of RAM myself).

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message.

My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)
FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.

If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.
If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users