Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Certain programs won't work with the internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 emptyX

emptyX

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:24 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:49 PM

Apparently it's going to be a tradition that something weird spontaneously happens to my computer every summer now. So, hello again.

I'm using Windows Vista, and my main browser is Google Chrome. Within the past week, more and more programs and applications that connect to the internet haven't been working. My connection is fine as far as I know and this computer is the only one in the house that does this.

It started with Java not loading on webpages. I could literally sit there and stare at the loading screen not loading anything for half an hour. I tried some tutorials to fix it and ended up with a message that said it wasn't connected to the internet. Then a couple days ago, iTunes store reported that it wasn't connected to the internet either, so I can't access my iTunes account, download upgrades, or anything. Uploading Gmail attachments doesn't seem to be working either (the default uploader, the classic one still works - probably unrelated). Just today, I have been unable to watch Youtube videos. The page and all the comments load, but in place of the actual video is a black screen.

I've tried all of the sites' support steps for this kind of thing and even looked through other posts about this on different sites, but so far no luck. Any help would be fantastic. Thank you in advance. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Youtube is randomly working again. Don't know how long that will last.

Edited by emptyX, 17 June 2010 - 10:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 revolution2718

revolution2718

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:09 PM

I think i remember something weird happening with selective internet with my computer.

First disable the firewall and see if that does anything. I don't know much about vista, but it could be some of its own security settings, or its firewall interfering with another firewall or something like that.

I know for my issue that i had, it was with the router. I reset the router to default factory settings and that did it for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users