Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

APB demo crash

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NekoStar

NekoStar

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:05 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:35 PM

Hello once again, BC!

I am having problems yet again, unfortunately, and I hope this is the right thread to submit to...

Anyways, i'll get right to it. When playing a game, such as Left 4 Dead 2, or recently APB (All Points Bulletin) demo, my monitor states that it has gone into 'power save mode' and the sound starts to loop. The only way out is by hard-resetting my CPU. I had fixed my Left 4 Dead 2 error by turning off my Nvidia 'Physx' driver. But now, the APB demo has been released, and about 30 mins-1 hour into the game, the screen goes black, into power save mode, and I have to hard-reset.

I'm pretty sure I updated my video card and monitor drivers. I have 3 GB RAM, and a Nvidia GeForce 8800 GT video card.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, because from what I could play of APB, it's awesome fun.

Thanks in advance!
~NekoStar

**EDIT** Ever since I updated my Nvidia driver, I cannot turn off PhysX, therefore L4D2 is doing the same thing again... Somebody please please help me...

Edited by NekoStar, 18 June 2010 - 02:28 AM.

~~"Animation can explain whatever the mind of man can conceive..."~~
--Walt Disney

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users