I use my pc mostly for gaming and so I'm not really looking for anything larger than 19 inches. I WANT pink, but I realize that I just may not be able to find one. While I'm considering reusing and painting my pc case for a future new build, old Alienware full tower, I'm not really sure that's a good idea for a monitor. A few custom color places I've found online say no because of warranty issues, which is also the reason I'm not too keen on doing it myself either. I figure if it's easier to find a plain case to use if I mess up my old one than it is to replace or fix a display. I know there are still a few companies that make CRTs that might be easier to paint, but I'm sure I want a flat panel.
The one I'm considering from Amazon is made by Favi:
I live in the USA. I'd be willing to have something shipped from abroad, mostly the UK, but only if the total cost doesn't exceed 300 USD.
The 5ms response time is slower than the 2ms I've seen on on the latest gaming displays, but I'm fully aware that I'd be paying mostly for the pink and not the specs. I just don't know if ghosting will be an issues. Again, I've been using the same home monitor for 12 years, and haven't really done much other than surf the internet elsewhere. I'd just like to know if it's worth giving it a try or if it's completely awful, and if there's anything else out there.
Oh, I'm also wondering whether or not my current pc will have any problems using a newer monitor. It's a P4 2.54 GHZ with 1GB of ram, and a Sapphire X1650 512 MB pro graphics card.
Thank-you for reading my incredibly long post.
* Best in class picture with HD, 720p resolution and 3,000:1 contrast ratio
* Easy to reach side inputs
* Sleep Timer with remote control operation
* The built-in DVD player eliminates the need for a bulky DVD player with complicated setup and messy wiring
* Use your TV as a computer monitor by connecting your laptop or PC to the side VGA input.;
* The side USB and camera card slots allow you to use the TV as a digital photo frame!
* TV Tuner: Digital HD ATSC with QAM
* Digital Support: 1080i/720p/576p/576i/480p/480i
* Viewing Angle: 170°/160°
* Response Time: 5 ms
* Dynamic Contrast Ratio: 3,000:1
* Media Card Slot: Yes
* DVD Player: Yes
* USB Slot: Yes
* Inputs: 1 HDMI, 1 Component, 1 Composite, 1 TV, 1 S-Video, 1 VGA
Edited by Cuppincakes, 17 June 2010 - 10:09 PM.