Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

recent slow download speeds on wireless connection

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 albertd

albertd

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

Intel pentiun d 930 running windows xp media center with service pack 3 and NetGear WPN311 PCI wireless card. House router is Linksys N router but every other computer here gets great connection and speed so I doubt it is the router. Other computers show up to 10 mbps download - the max I have every pulled on this computer is probably 8 mbps but latelly it is pulling between 500 kbps to 3 mbps. And Yes, the speed is not consistent nor does it follow any pattern.

Recently had virus problem which seems cleaned now (after a lot of work and thanks to this site) and tried to do some tuning based on some topics on this site but never messed with drivers or settings that would seem to have anything to do with connections. Task Manager shows 98-99 % system idle so it is probably not processor related.

Could PCI card be going bad (or is it junk to begin with)? What can i do to get more speed? HELP!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users