Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Diskette seek failure/windows boot loop

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 ghost13415

ghost13415

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:21 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 04:45 PM

After I realized I had a virus I installed norton anti-virus2010 and did a scan,It found nothing.I tried two other scans and still nothing so I contacted norton online support.He took over my computer useing remote desktop and downloaded a program calledpower eraser and when he tryed to open it there was a pop-up window that said"This program is infected blah-blah-blah,Do you still want to open it?" which is what happend when I tried to open any program.He said he was gonna reboot the computer in safe mode and when he did windows wouldnt boot no more.After this I went into the other room and went online with the support guy again and he downloaded a program and burned it to a disk.I rebooted the bad computer with the disk and it loaded to a special scan program that took forever.It ended up finding three viruses so I had them removed,I tried to boot the computer again and still no luc.I've tried almost everything,I have two windows xp install discs but there not the ones that came with the computer,Also I dont know the registration key of my computer.The other thing is when I let it boot it stops and says "Floppy diskette seek failure", In the system setup its set to internal,Does it mean an A:\ inside my computer? They dont make floppy drives on computers anymore so why does it care?I really appreciate any help with this,I know its alot but I dont know what to do.

Edited by Pandy, 25 June 2010 - 08:37 AM.
Moved from Windows XP to Malware Removal ~Pandy

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 18 June 2010 - 05:36 AM

If this post is not moved to Am I Infected area please take this first step -
You may need to install Malwarebytes free and run a scan with this type of program -
It will remove Malware and not just the infections found by your Norton -
You may need to disable your Norton while you install , update and run a quick Scan , As Norton can block the download and first run -
Thank You -

Edited by noknojon, 18 June 2010 - 05:38 AM.

#3 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

Hi noknojon,

If the issue is not resolved please update me on the current condition of your computer.

#4 Farbar

Farbar

Just Curious

• Security Developer
  • 21,719 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 30 June 2010 - 04:47 AM

This thread will now be closed due to lack of activity.

If you need this topic reopened, please send me a PM and I will reopen it for you.

If you should have a new issue, please start a new topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users