Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

redirect + fullscreen popups

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 karlds

karlds

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:01 PM

Moved to Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs
~~boopme

My setup: Dell e1405 laptop. Win XP SP3. IE7. Linksys wireless router.

When I do a Google or Bing search, sometimes (not always) the result I click goes through tru01dms3.com before reaching the final page, which is typically another search engine or commercial advertisement. I have discovered a strange phenomenon: if I click a link that turns out to be redirected and quickly hit "back" before the page can load, after three or four rapid attempts I can finally access the real webpage I sought. After this occurs, the redirects vanish for a short while only to come back later. There may be a pattern regarding which webpages I am be redirected away from, but it is not clear to me.

Popups seem to be coming from mfeed.in. They are fullscreen and occur randomly, but only when IE is already running. These are rather infrequent, maybe two or three day.

I am admittedly new to this kind of troubleshooting. I have spent the past week using regedit, HJT, MBAM, avast, AVG, and ProcExp. AVG, MBAM and avast are now coming up with nothing. I have used caution and always learned about a particular file/process before making any changes. With HJT I had been able to get rid of some other symptoms (rogue AV) and also clean out some needless junk. Some of my research implies that the problem is in the Linksys router, but the other PC on my network has no problems (although its main browser is Chrome.) Here's my HJT log:

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.4
Scan saved at 11:51:27 AM, on 6/17/2010
Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.17023)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\Desktop\CoreTemp32\Core Temp.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\Reader\AcroRd32.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\Desktop\AV Tools\Hijact.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.bing.com/
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,Default_Page_URL = www.google.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyServer = http=127.0.0.1:1633
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxtray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxhkcmd] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [igfxpers] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ISUSScheduler] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe" -start
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\Quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [avast5] C:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exe /nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DLCFCATS] rundll32 C:\WINDOWS\System32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\DLCFtime.dll,_RunDLLEntry@16
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Core Temp] "C:\Documents and Settings\Karl\Desktop\CoreTemp32\Core Temp.exe"
O9 - Extra button: AIM - {AC9E2541-2814-11d5-BC6D-00B0D0A1DE45} - C:\Program Files\AIM\aim.exe
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: avast! Antivirus - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Mail Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: avast! Web Scanner - ALWIL Software - C:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exe
O23 - Service: dlcf_device - - C:\WINDOWS\system32\dlcfcoms.exe
O23 - Service: Google Update Service (gupdate) (gupdate) - Google Inc. - C:\Program Files\Google\Update\GoogleUpdate.exe
O23 - Service: Google Software Updater (gusvc) - Google - C:\Program Files\Google\Common\Google Updater\GoogleUpdaterService.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NICCONFIGSVC - Dell Inc. - C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
O23 - Service: Dell Wireless WLAN Tray Service (wltrysvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE

--
End of file - 4125 bytes

Any help is much appreciated. thumbup2.gif

EDIT: Moved from XP forum to Malware Removal Logs ~ Hamluis.

Edited by boopme, 17 June 2010 - 02:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 23 June 2010 - 12:20 AM

Hi,

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

• Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:
    • Double-click .exe that you downloaded
    • Click rootkit-tab, uncheck files option and then click scan.
    • Don't check
      Show All
      box while scanning in progress!
    • When scanning is ready, click Copy.
    • This copies log to clipboard
    • Post log (if the log is long, archive it into a zip file and attach instead of posting) in your reply.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006
    unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
    • 6,465 posts
    •  
    • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 02 July 2010 - 04:01 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft Windows Insider MVP 2016-2017

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008-2015
    UNITE member since 2006
    unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users