Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issue with Streaming Video

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 revolution2718

revolution2718

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:43 PM

So just a few days ago, randomly, videos on youtube, hulu, and vimeo began to not stream properly. Low quality videos seem to go fine, but anything 480 or higher resolution is choppy, and the audio goes out of sync. The problem gets worse as the resolutions get higher.

When looking at process explorer it says the browser is using 40-50% of the cpu while streaming. I'm running A dual core intel T8300 @ 2.4 ghz, with dual 8700GTs in SLI so processing power isnt a issue

I have already:
Cleared all temporary internet files both in the browser and with CCleaner
Done a registry cleanup
Defragged (40 gigs free on OS HD)
Reinstalled Flash
Done a disk cleanup
Done full virus/malware scans with Zonealarm/maleware bytes/spybot/super antispyware
Rebooted the router (problem does not exist on other computers in the network)
Disabled all extensions in both firefox and chrome (problem exists in both browsers)

Does anyone have any other ideas/has seen this issue before?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 s1lents0ul

s1lents0ul

• Members
  • 544 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:24 PM

Do u select to play videos in the affected resolution or is that just the default they play in?

checked device manager for any problems?

checked video card settings(not familiar w/ urs..cant give directions) to whether or not the video cards arent compatible? or cant play certain rez?...overheating problem when stressed at that rez.. idk really just throwing ideas.

how much ram do you have, how much is in use?

have any videogames to check, try a video game that would strain the cards, see if that affects them similarly..
==]--s1lents0ul-->

#3 revolution2718

revolution2718
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 01:42 PM

Problem persists at the default resolution, as well as higher resolutions.

Checked the device manager, everything seems fine

The cards should be fine, I've had the computer for a year now. They play new games decently (able to run modern warfare 2, among others), all of the games run just as well as they did before this issue.

2 gigs of ram

Its really odd, the only difference that i have noticed is the streaming video. Everything else preforms normally and as it should. Problem has only started recently as well, i have been able to watch hi res 1080p streaming video with absolutely no issues in the past.

#4 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 06:12 PM

Flash could be corrupted. To find out, use the tool at this link to uninstall and reinstall the new version. Adobe updated Flash last week.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

#5 revolution2718

revolution2718
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Flash could be corrupted. To find out, use the tool at this link to uninstall and reinstall the new version. Adobe updated Flash last week.
http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/141/tn_14157.html

Tried this and didn't solve the problem.

#6 revolution2718

revolution2718
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 08:28 PM

Would just like to report a solution to the problem.

I went to youtube and right clicked on the video to see the popup menu. I went to the flash settings and...

disabled hardware acceleration
and allowed them to store up to 1MB on my system (rather than 100kb)

Not sure why this fixed it but it did.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions though.

#7 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,677 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 10:50 AM

I was going to suggest that next.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users