Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can you remove the prompt on a .reg file?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 aNEWvision

aNEWvision

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

I made a .reg script to remove registry values and made it autorun so it can delete said keys every time i start my computer... but every time you run a .reg you get a prompt:

"Adding information can unintentionally blah blah blah
Are you sure you want to continue? Yes No "

which is normal, but is there any way to make it trusted? or something you can add to the target to auto select yes? or anything to just make it NOT SHOW UP every time I start up?!?!?! I've hunted like an animal through the internet with no luck... My geek skills are not strong enough for such a simple thing... I need someone who knows there way around shortcut target commands...

Sorry for being such a n00b

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Jacee

Jacee

Bleeping around

• Malware Response Team
  • 3,716 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:24 PM

See if the last post in this topic is what you're looking for http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/876561...g-reg-file.html

MS_MVP.gif
MS MVP Windows-Security 2006-2016
Member of UNITE, the Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

Admin PC Pitstop

#3 aNEWvision

aNEWvision
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

See if the last post in this topic is what you're looking for http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/876561...g-reg-file.html

I will try this... don't see why it wouldn't work

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 11:37 PM

You can convert it into a command file (.cmd) which uses REG commands. This would be totally silent.

#5 aNEWvision

aNEWvision
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2010 - 11:10 AM

You can convert it into a command file (.cmd) which uses REG commands. This would be totally silent.

BINGO! :huh: Modified the syntax so it worked as a .cmd, used the /F switch to skip the prompt and SCORE!!!!

Thank you Jacee!!! Thank you Romeo!!

Edited by aNEWvision, 18 June 2010 - 12:43 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users