Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cant get on internet

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bawsley

bawsley

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:04 AM

I have a small network that has 10 computers. All of them are on a local network running through a hub with static ip addresses. 3 of these are connected to the internet using a 2nd network card and obtaining their 2nd ip using dhcp through a linksys wireless router. 2 of the computers are wired to the router and one is using the wireless. This has been working great with no hitches for several years. All of a sudden none of the 3 can access the internet. If I remove or disable the network card connecting to the local network I can get on the internet no problem but when I reactivate the card the internet goes away. I have flushed the dns and reset the ip. I also ran a utility called winsockxpfix but nothing has helped. Can someone please help. This is driving me crazy!

EDIT: Moved from XP to Networking ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 17 June 2010 - 10:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gavinseabrook

gavinseabrook

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 PM

Posted 25 June 2010 - 12:09 AM

Why do you have 2 network cards in the computers? You should be able just to run from the router to the hub and let the router handle DHCP from there. Also, is it an actual HUB or is it a switch?

Gavin Seabrook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users