Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Performance Platform Voguecash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 andyvickery

andyvickery

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:50 AM

Hi there!

I hope somebody can help? Yesterday I was attacked by Antimalware Doctor and several other fake security viruses. I have managed to clean them up but I am still left with browser issues. I noticed when I looked in Add/Remove Programs there were several suspicious additions all of which I have managed to remove apart from one called Performance Platform Voguecash.

I have tried everything to get rid of it but it wont budge! It seems to be hijacking Google searches as well which is killing me! If anyone could help me it would be much appreciated.

Regards

Andy

Edited by Orange Blossom, 17 June 2010 - 02:51 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RDPED

RDPED

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:06 PM

Hi,
I have the exact same thing happen to my computer--I posted a log of this in the malware logs portion of the forum and I have not yet heard anything back yet. Maybe you can follow the advice I get over the next few days to help.

My posting name is RDPED

#3 VoidX789

VoidX789

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:02 PM

Some staff members should show up shortly. Just be patient. These guys are the best, but a lot of people need help, so just be patient.
Remember to try to post as much info as possible. One way to make everything get done faster is to make a post telling the staff about your computer's hardware info, what operating system you use, what antivirus you use, and what the virus does and when it first showed up.
Welcome to the Void of Insanity
Posted Image

#4 RDPED

RDPED

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:19 PM

I found something that seems to have worked for me!! I'll paste in the info from another site that worked. It involved flushing DNS and then resetting my router. That seems to be where the virus was lurking. The redirects have all stopped. To flush the DNS you open a command prompt window with CMD command and then enter ipconfig/flushdns. I did not change my router password. Hope this works for you as well:

Steps to remove the Google redirect virus, search redirect virus problem
1. run MBAM, Hitman Pro to remove all viruses (so that could the virus may not corrupt the DNS/routers again). Restart computer
2. remove DNS resolver cache (use ipconfig /flushdns )
3. Hardware Reset your home router (preferably change password to something other than the default). This is an easy step -
- remove power for 20seconds
- Turn on power
- remove "Internet" input LAN connection
- Use a pin or ballpen to hardware reset your Router.
- Turn power on and off.

Edited by RDPED, 19 June 2010 - 10:20 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users