Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windws 7 x64 bit & Hotmail lockup/blackscreen with cursor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Peacey

Peacey

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:02 AM

Hello

As the title suggests, I'm running windows 7 x64bit

When I log on to windows live messenger, and click on the inbox button. Sometimes the computer will freeze up, the page will not load beyond halfway. Then Everything starts to slow down. Then if i try to do anything else, the black screen pops up and a cursor is visible with the processing wheel spinning.

If i try to access CRTL + ALT + DEL to get to the task manager it will fail

I can barely make it to the restart button and if i do it will usually lock up and not restart.

If it does restart. The problem remains.

However if I do a system restore the problem vanishes until the next day.

I suspect it might have something to do with the June 8th security updates that were released, however I am not certain.

The black screen with cursor problem I heard is to do with NVIDIA cards which this computer has the 9100 this is another possibility maybe?

I've tried looking elsewhere, but i couldn't find anything. I figured you were the right guys to come to. Thank's in advance for the help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users