Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD - USB Bugcode Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hisuka2001

hisuka2001

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:53 PM

Everytime I try to shutdown my laptop this blue screen shows indicating a usb bugcode problem then would automatically boot up the laptop again. Upon boot up the system says that it recovered from a serious problem and shows a warning containing the ff:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: fe
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000000000006
BCP3: 0000000000000006
BCP4: FFFFFA8002BA5B20
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061610-29047-01.dmp
C:\Users\Ryan and Leah\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-41355-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104...mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I tried the option to look for solutions to no avail. I recently bought this laptop with pre-installed windows 7 home...

Any help would be great :huh:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 54,142 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:33 PM

FE STOP error, courtesy of www.aumha.org:

0x000000FE: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER
Usually indicates a USB driver problem. Make sure, though, that you have the latest Windows service pack installed.

I suggest going to Device Manager (Start/Run...type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter) and uninstalling the USB controllers...and then rebooting to let them reinstall...after you've updated the system for critical updates.

Louis

#3 hisuka2001

hisuka2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2010 - 02:26 AM

I'd already tried uninstalling the USB contollers in the device manager and uninstalling all the devices under it. Afterwards installing them again but still to no avail the BSOD is still there. I think one of the reason the BSOD appeared was that I updated the windows, should have turned off the windows update, however, there are other instances that I get BSOD by updating the drivers in the USB. Fortunately, I did a system restore when I initially bought the laptop and it resolved the problem.

Now I can still do the system restore which I think might resolved the problem until I update the windows again or update the drivers...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users