Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

File Not Found on everything I open

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 acidbeat

acidbeat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 PM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:40 PM

My niece handed me her laptop and it's wacked out. I try to open the internet and it says file not found. Try to open other files such as Avast and it asks me which program do I want to open it with. Was able to surf through a Google Chrome icon for a while now getting the same from that. I have no clue what she did but tell me what to run for ya cuz I have been here before under a different name and ya'll rock.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 11:32 PM

With the information you have provided I believe you will need help from the malware removal team. I would like you to start a new thread and post a DDS log HERE and include a link to this thread. Please make sure that you read the information about getting started before you start your thread.

It would be helpful if you post a note here once you have completed the steps in the guide and have started your topic in malware removal. Good luck and be patient. Help is on the way!

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 acidbeat

acidbeat
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

Only problem I have with doing all that is the infected computer isn't able to get on the internet at all, therefore I can't get the necessary downloads that the preparation guidelines request on that laptop. If there's a way to transfer it from this computer on to the laptop let me know.

#4 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2010 - 07:01 PM

Use a flashdrive for your downloads.......

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#5 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,769 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:25 PM

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:03 PM

therefore I can't get the necessary downloads that the preparation guideline

Just create new topic in malware forum and state your issues. Since you can't get downloads, you can't :thumbsup:

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users