Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sleep/Hibernation Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 KXPX

KXPX

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:20 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 05:29 PM

I've notice this really annoying problem with my Windows 2000 Professional Windows Me. For some reason when I leave my computer alone for some bit, when I don't mess with the power settings before hand, it goes into that standby or hibernation mode, where that yellow light is on, but it just won't come out. Even when I'm moving the mouse and pressing buttons, space bar included like crazy like it use to. Also it won't shut down when I prolong the pressing of that power button. I.ve checked the power options in the control panel and they seem OK, because I've set everything to where it wouldn't do that, but the computer just won't respond. I have to keep pulling the plug/power to restart the computer, and start this annoyance over and over again. Those anyone know what this could be

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users