Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Scanner problems, please help

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 starwarsgeek

starwarsgeek

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 01:06 PM

I'm having a big issue with my scanner suddenly and need some serious help, and quick...

I've had an HP Scanjet 6300C scanner connected to my Windows XP Dell PC for I don't know how long, and have never had any problems... until now. All of a sudden it does not scan. Sometimes it hangs on the "Warming up the Lamp" screen, sometimes it does the preview scan, but it never makes it past that.

Now, I've already uninstalled/reinstalled the scanner multiple times, and that is not helping. Another issue that I'm having is that I was never able to get Precisionscan software to work for me and I was scanning via Photoshop using (I guess) WIA... and now the scanner is not showing up as an WIA enabled device.

I need to have this up and running ASAP, because I start my classes again this coming Monday and I need to scan my work in for the classes... so any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bwest0703

bwest0703

• Members
  • 164 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:31 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:35 PM

Hey starwarsgeek,

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and software?

Here is a direct link to your HP scanner 6300C.

HP Scanner 6300C driver and software updates

The diagnostic utility offered by HP looks like it may be promising as well if the software and driver updates do not do the trick.

Good Luck,

V/r

bwest0703
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users