Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

MIcrosoft Office 2007 Trial not Working

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 knowit

knowit

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Hi guys,

This is my ifrst post here. This is about the Non-Working of the Microsoft Office 2007 Trial Version Installation.

Actually I had downloaded the Microsoft Office 2007 Trial Version from the Microsoft office site. The Download (of about 648.58 MB) was done properly and an Icon was placed on my Desktop along with a Folder consisting the MSOffice downloads.

During the download process there were two Extraction Of Files processes automatically done by the downloader manager.

When the download was finally over and the final installation (the INSTALL NOW button showing up) was to begin I was prompted that 'My Outlook 2007 would not be installed by default because two (2007 trial and my older 2003) copies of Outlook could not coexsist on one PC'.

So I refered to the Microsoft KB article describing the above scenario and followed the instructions which stated that I had to remove the earlier version of outlook 2003 and then install the new outlook 2007 trial OR I could still keep my outlook 2003 and install the Office 2007 Trial Suite without Outlook 2007.

I chose the second option to Keep my 2003 Outlook and install Office 2007 Trial without Outlook.

So following the steps given I simply clicked the INSTALL NOW button on the dialogue box and let the files get CONFIGURED ( the CONFIGURING OFFICE 2007 process in the wizard).

The Configuration process was completed with the green blocks (progress of configuration) getting filled up throughout the small long window block in the dialogue box.

I also checked wheher the progrsm was properly installed from the Add/Remove section in the Control Panel. It was showing Installed.

BUT then when I tried to OPEN a Microsoft 2007 Word/PowerPoint document it showed that 'the license had expired and I needed to convert'. ( I had an earlier Microsoft 2007 Trial installed earlier, which I had totally removed from the machine before downloading the new rial version)

I tried to enter the product key too, but despite of many attempts the SAME - EXPIRY crap shows up.

I dont know WHY this is happening , despite of havinf properly installed the Suite, it is simply not working .

Can anyone help me ASAP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 AM

Posted 19 June 2010 - 09:07 PM

I dont know WHY this is happening.

Because of the earlier Trial install. Hidden in the depths of your computer, there is now information,
designed to stop you installing the trial version over and over again.

It is not a good idea to go looking in the Registry, either.

So the message re expiry is accurate.

Never have to buy a program again, just reinstall the trial; I'm afraid not.

Fortunately, Office 2003 is an excellent suite; I looked at 2007 and decided not to bother.

Edited by petewills , 19 June 2010 - 09:08 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users