Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Blue Screen Shut Downs

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kikinsteve

kikinsteve

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 10:38 PM

Over the last couple of months I've been having a lot of trouble with my system. I found out that my wife, in an attempt to be helpful, clicked on some pop-up she got while surfing that said I had a malware threat. Needless to say it was bogus and I think it was the beginning of my trouble. From what I can tell, the shut downs happen mainly when I'm on line and on a site with lots of graphics or video. I began getting messages from my Trend Micro that said the most recent security updates might be causing the problem, but since that message I've updated my security a number of times and the problem continues. I've tried reloading my Firefox, updating my video drivers, updating my windows OS and checking to make sure that I recognize every program on my system. Still, I keep getting shut downs. Each time my computer shuts down I have to wait a few minutes before I try to restart or it just shuts down again before it finishes loading. This almost leads me to believe the problem is hardware related, but if that were the case it would happen all the time and not just when I'm on line. I can use multiple programs, running simultaneously, and as long as none of them needs to download anything or use the web then I don't have a problem. If you know what the problem could be please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks so much in advance.

Edited by Budapest, 15 June 2010 - 11:32 PM.
Moved from XP ~BP

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kikinsteve

kikinsteve
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:54 PM

I was just checking to see how far out you guys are on my topic. I'm sure that you are pretty busy so if you can just let me know an approximate waiting time it would help me determine if I can afford to wait or if I need to seek help elsewhere. Thanks again for all of your past help and I hope you'll be able to help me in the future as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users