Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Help Assistant Virus- WINDOWS 7

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 StretchNavy

StretchNavy

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:47 PM

Hi all, not going to make up any lies, but karma has reared its ugly head and now my windows 7 laptop has the remote desktop help assistant rootkit virus. None of the tools listed on here are compatible with windows 7, and no virus scanner is finding it. Noticeable symptoms include constantly returning remote desktop help assistant user login that is password protected with administratot rights. I am denied access form my docs and settings and sys recovery folder, even in safe mode. Please someone point me in the right direction!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StretchNavy

StretchNavy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:38 AM

I have ran AVG, AVAST, Emsisoft, Super AntiSpyware- all in normal and safe modes and cant even get them to detect that I'm infected. I delete the account, and the next time I log in, if I'm online, there's the account. Remote sharing has stayed unchecked in my system info tableau, but the f*ing account comes back. And it says access denied when I try opening my docs and settings folder. Am I going to need my windows 7 recovery disc? That would suck, as I'm on vacation right now, lol.

Thanks in advance for any help that may come my way.

#3 StretchNavy

StretchNavy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:16 AM

So I found out that windows 7 doesnt actually have documents and settings folder, it's C:/ Users. as of right now I can't see any Remote Desktop Help Assistant user created in this folder, but I did just delete it through control panel...

#4 StretchNavy

StretchNavy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:51 PM

Help! If I can't get help here, can anyone at least point me in the right direction of where to go?

#5 StretchNavy

StretchNavy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 June 2010 - 02:50 PM

does anyone please have at least an iota of information to share?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users