Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

help....first internet would not work....now windows won't even load

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 a_yts0718

a_yts0718

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:21 PM

Help....
My buddy brought his lap top over because it would take all night to load a web page, if it even did. They had let their virus software get out of date and the problem started about 1-2 months ago, but the finally got the updated definition tables after this started. He brought it over and I attempted to run the norton antivirus and it would not open, I tried to access the internet and Internet Explorer does load but the web page will not load and I have dsl which is really fast on my lap top. Since this was not working I restarted in safe mode and the web pages loaded just fine, again I tried to run the Norton and it still would not open. After this we tried to do a system restore, after doing this the computer came up with an error that it could not complete startup and brought up startup repair which ran and could find no errors, the only option it gave was to run restore again which we did. The computer did boot up at that point but web pages still will not load. After a couple of days he tried to boot it up and now he says that it will not load windows. He says that it does power on, no error message is displayed, but windows will not load. He has an eMachines lap top, it is running Vista and appears to be running Internet Explorer 8. Any suggestions or possible ways to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks In Advance

Adam

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users