Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with starting a forum

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PcCraze

PcCraze

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:39 PM

Hi, I have just bought a domain and have decided to start a forum. It is related to computers. I am new at this thing so I want your suggestions on how do I run it. I have made categories. But the question is how do I invite people to the forum? I don't want to make fake members or copy other people's stuff. Can you people please tell me. I also then need moderators for the forum. As soon as the forum is launched people who want to become moderators can come forward and I'll be grateful to you.

Regards,
PcCraze

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,733 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 05:33 PM

All your questions and ones you haven't thought of yet, can and will likely be answered here: http://www.theadminzone.com/forums/

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 Ryan Pianesi

Ryan Pianesi

• Banned Spammer
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 PM

Posted 31 July 2010 - 08:54 PM

Well, i dont really understand what you are asking. whats your website URL? and i will be glad to become a mod...for more information...PM me.

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:02 AM

Posted 01 August 2010 - 06:11 PM

But the question is how do I invite people to the forum?

By great service, and then word of mouth. Creation of a great forum takes time and a lot of work. There are forums I belong to that have been running for two years that are still struggling to become established in the computer forum landscape.

Advertising, or farming for a site is frowned upon.

I don't want to make fake members or copy other people's stuff.

Good thinking... Posting others information can cost you your reputation. Most computer forums are tightly connected and share information.

Take time to browse the forum Animal links to. They provide a lot of information about the ins and outs of forums.

I wish you well with your forum.

My best,
rigel

Edit: modified thought

Edited by rigel, 01 August 2010 - 06:12 PM.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users