Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ad bloc plus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 gnilwoc

gnilwoc

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:57 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:22 PM

hi all
hope you are all enjoying the fine football festival, come on england.
has anyone used the firefox extension ad bloc plus. i have read positive and negative reports on this.
when i load in a page the bootom left of my screen shows all sorts of, connecting to other sites.. are these the adverts which will be blocked.
thankyou in advance for any response.

regards
david cowling

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 02:31 PM

Hi David,

I've been using Adblock Plus for a long time and it has never caused me any problems. It is one of the more popular Firefox addons and works extremely well.

I am subscribed to 2 filter lists, EasyList and EasyPrivacy.

when i load in a page the bootom left of my screen shows all sorts of, connecting to other sites.. are these the adverts which will be blocked.

The ones in red are the adverts being blocked and the ones in black are additional elements on the page that can be blocked, but are usually necessary to view the webpage correctly. If you are continually seeing the list at the bottom of your browser, just click the Adblock Plus icon to turn it off.

:thumbsup:

#3 gnilwoc

gnilwoc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 03:51 PM

hi reddawn
many thanks for your response re adblocker. i have downloaded this and as you say it is perfect.

again thankyou

regards
david

#4 RedDawn

RedDawn

• Members
  • 454 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2010 - 07:15 PM

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic