Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pando Media Booster

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 IonSlayer

IonSlayer

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 12:15 PM

A few of my friends convinced me to try Dungeon's and Dragons online a few days ago which included the need to download a large amount of data. In order to do this, I had to allow the site to install a program called Pando Media Booster on my computer, which to my understanding allows other computers with the same program to send parts of the files to my computer. I do not like the thought of having others access my computer to download information from it, even if it is only the game files (I also do not like the fact that it is set to automatically start up when I turn on my machine).

So after the download I uninstalled it, but thought I would ask here if anyone knows anything about this program (If this is the wrong forum I apologize). I guess my primary concern being, will just a normal uninstall I ran "really eliminate" it from my computer. If that's the case, then I'm not really concerned, but I just wanted to make sure I wasn't opening myself up for trouble down the line.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users