Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SyncServicesBasic causing high proccessor usage ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 NicR

NicR

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 09:06 AM

There is a file a .exe running in my Windows Task Manager , SyncServicesBasic that is causing a spike in my CPU usage ? The fie a .exe is located in my programs files/seagate/drive manager ! I have a externial hard drive a Seagate FreeAgent Desktop 320G.B. USB ,I have had this drive for a few years and also had the application for it installed for the same amount of time. I never noticed this SyncServicesBasic listed in my task manager ,however that does not mean it was'nt there ? I noticed suddenly my processor was runnig at almost 100% even when PC was sitting idle !? I opened the Windows Task Manager and seen that it was this file that was causing the spike in the CPU usage . I highlighted it n task manager and shut down the file and my CPU usage when back to normal low usage and zero usage when idle ! A google search does not return alot of info on how to stop this file from running at startup ,the program is not listed in MSCONFIG ! Any ideas on how to stop this SynServicesBasic from loadig in task manager would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in Advance NicRic

Edited by NicR, 15 June 2010 - 09:09 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 11:52 PM

Download Autoruns for Windows: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinte...s/bb963902.aspx
No installation required.
Simply unzip Autoruns.zip file, and double click on autoruns.exe file to run the program.
Go File>Save, and save it as AutoRuns.txt file to know location.
You must select Text from drop-down menu as a file type:

Posted Image

Attach the file to your next reply.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 NicR

NicR
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 08:06 AM

Hi Broni and thanks for the reply and info on the autoruns app ! I actually uninstalled the program Seagate Drive Manager and then backed up to the drive using WindowXP's backup utility ! I have the CD from Seagate that came with the purchase of the Seagate Freeagent USB Hard Drive . I had seen in one hit on google info about te autoruns program a microsoft application ! If I decide to reinstall the seagate app and the SyncServicesBasic starts causing high CPU usage again I will definitly use the autoruns program . In fact Iam thinking of running it anyway !
Thank You Very Much
Nick

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,614 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:15 AM

Posted 16 June 2010 - 09:26 PM

You're very welcome Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users