Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Started with Malware Doctor, now appears to be a browser hijacker

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Imableeper5million

Imableeper5million

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 PM

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:50 AM

Hi

I got Malware Doctor on my Dell Inspiron 6400, with Windows XP professional, I managed to get rid of it (I Think, the computer doesnt show any symptoms anyway) by resetting my system to 2 days before I got it, however it seems as thou something is still left:

When I use a searchengine it sometimes redirects me to either a Malware download Window (The kind disguising
as a Virusscan) or to Google throu some kind of strange domain (i.e www.consumerware.com/search.php this appears to be a parked domain). Sometimes the browser opens a new window (not a tab) on its own whitch directs in the same way, this only happens when the browser is already running (one window already open).

Ive looked around trying to figure out whats causing this and i think its a browser hijacker. Apart from the problems i described the browser works fine, my homepage loads normaly and i havent noticed any strange bookmarks.

I've run Mcaffee and MBAM. Everytime I update and scan they seem to find something new but dont seem to get at the problem because the symptoms remain.

Windows update also appear to be blocket, when I try to run it all that is shown is the "page cannot be displayed" error message

I use IE7 but downloaded Firefox to see if the problems were limited to IE7 but the same thing happened with Firefox.

Ive looked att other posts on bleepingcomputers that seem similar to what im experiencing but im not an expert so i dont want to use advice about someone elses computer.

I would appreciate help with removal as nothing ive done seems to help, also if anyone knows if there could be a risk of contamination if I backup my data to an external harddrive at this point?

Thanks

Edited by Orange Blossom, 15 June 2010 - 03:20 PM.
Move to AII as no logs posted and prep. guide not followed. ~ OB

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users